Friday, August 26, 2011

Changes - David Bowie

Life is aleatoric. An alteration of one phase into another, cluttered with variables, impacted by our individual experiences. And this is good.

No, really, it is.

My children and I have recently made a lot of changes. Home, schools, friends, personal routines and even thoughts and ideas. I’ve been surprised at the daily modifications we’ve successfully made as a family - and individually - to continue to thrive, and not lose “our essence”.

In advising my children to stay centered and focused on the positive, I find I must remind myself to do the same. It’s a constant, conscious effort. I fail on a daily basis, but I do realize the importance of recognizing my failure, remaining unwavering in my goal and keeping blinders on to the distractions around me. One moment at time.

It’s not easy…and as the cliché’ goes… nothing worthwhile is. However, keeping change in perspective and being open to those moments that challenge us is what fosters our growth as an individual, as a community , as a nation and as a world.

“Change is inevitable” and in order to evolve through change – we don’t just have to learn to accept it,

we must learn to welcome it. With arms wide open.

…I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time
~David Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment