Sunday, August 28, 2011

MELISSA ETHERIDGE GENTLY WE ROW WITH LYRICS



I love my mother.
That's no revelation.

Most of us do love our mothers.

My mother encompasses a gentleness, like few women I know. (GENTILITY.)
You can see it in her eyes, hear it in her voice
and feel it in the touch from her hand.
She gave that to me - the gentleness -
and that gentleness made me strong.
I feel blessed to have that gentleness and that strength - (STRENGTH.)
it's a great combination to possess in life -
especially at this moment on our earth.

She never instilled fear in me - but respect (RESPECT.)
she done that by offering an example
and giving me the freedom (FREEDOM.)
to make choices that she knew was wrong, choices she knew would hurt me.
She done that by allowing me to see tender hurts. (COMPASSION.)
She done that by being truthful about life. (HONESTY.)

She advised, but didn't tell.
She suggested, but didn't make.
She watched my mistakes, and never judged.
instead offering encouragement
- with that gentleness and a continual presence of love and support.

She has allowed me to be who I want to be.
Not who she wanted me to be.
She didn't impose her childhood
dreams onto my life.
She didn't try to make her truths
my truths.
She didn't define happiness for me,
but wishes my definition to be what I want it to be.

She can read my hurt
in a phone conversation
and can comfort me in the same.
She gives me hope
when she smiles -
She makes me feel beautiful and good.

The greatest gift she gave me
is that
of allowing me to be me.
Its a great blessing to be able to go through life and
feel completely comfortable in who you are.
In being able to accept and admit your mistakes
and in being able to love others fully through theirs.

She will fight fiercely for me.
She will love me until she exhales her last breath
and she embodies a mothers' beauty
God intended a mother to possess.

For every one thing she may have done wrong,

shes done a hundred things right. And my brother and I are two of them.

I love you momma.





No comments:

Post a Comment