Monday, February 14, 2011

Prelude to the BDE




11 AM Saturday morning? Perfect. Lunch....then somewhere? Not sure yet. He'll look when he gets home. That was fine with me.
It's wonderful just knowing someone with the cerebral capacity to actually think on their own and make a plan.
So exciting. So surreal.
A place I can be the woman I am - and not an aggressive she-wolf, who has to control things, who must constantly make the suggestion or decision.
Giving up the reigns is super.
I know, it's just date plans, but that's the thing.
It's DATE plans.


I noticed immediately when I got in his car the radio was playing SIRIUS Chill,
the same channel I had tuned in to on our last date a week ago.
Thoughtful. Extremely thoughtful.

Where would I like to eat lunch?
"Where is it I asked?" (meaning the date, but then knowing I didn't want to know where we were going exactly I said "What way?"
"South" he said.
"There's a good Indian place, not too far."
Sounded good to him and we were off.

I took his hand...I so enjoy the intensity I feel every time we touch.

In the parking lot he complained of the mess in his car then he reached behind my seat and presented me with a beautiful potted Kordana Rose and a small box of chocolates (because he knew I was being mindful of what I ate). Again his thoughtfulness overwhelmed me. I had no idea he would have thought to get me anything like that. It made me feel so wonderful. It felt so absolutely beautiful to receive something. Not even that I am materialistic in any way-but the gesture, the thought, the act of giving me something really, honestly overwhelmed me. Even now, writing about it, I am so moved by his thoughtfulness. He actually had to process a thought of what I might like to have, he was indful of the fact that I have been not eating sugar and he had to get out of his car, go into a place of business, look for something, purchase it, think enough to hide it carefully so I wouldn't see it when I got into his car and then think of a clever way to give it to me. Total THOUGHTFULNESS. TOTAL thoughtfulness. My heart so appreciated his thoughtfulness too. Warmth.

The date could have ended here and it would have been in my top three.



No comments:

Post a Comment